Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Encounter GPTS: A Campus Preview for Prospective Students

For those perceiving the call of God to Christian service, choosing a seminary that will provide a biblically faithful, theologically sound education is critical. Greenville Seminary would like to show you how we strive to meet these and other vital objectives.

On the eve of its 2016 Spring Conference, Greenville Seminary will again host an open house for prospective students. Encounter GPTS 2016 will be held on March 7 and 8.

The event will again include opportunities for would-be students to tour the campus, attend classes and a special chapel service, meet faculty and students, and participate in a panel discussion. As an added perk, first-time prospective students who participate in the campus preview events will be allowed to attend the main Spring Conference free as a guest of the seminary. That's a $115 value! If you eventually enroll, you may be able to recover your travel expenses as well.

Prospective students and their guests are invited to a special lunch in the Student Commons on Monday, March 7, at 11:30 a.m. This is a great time to mingle and fellowship with current students, faculty and staff of the seminary.

Last year, a prospective student who attended the campus preview event and is now a student at GPTS, had this to say:

"Upon searching for a suitable and affordable Reformed education, and finding the field wanting, I applied to [another seminary, but this application] was purely a measure of convenience, and not indicative of any theological sympathy towards a dispensational understanding of the Scripture. However, I then was made aware of the work being done at Greenville Presbyterian Theological Seminary, and immediately knew your institution to be the most appropriate place to obtain a proper old school Presbyterian education.  I’m constantly driven towards a fuller and more accurate understanding of the work and person of Christ, that I may be a more useful instrument in the hands of God. I desire a theological education which equips me for the purpose of discovering the elect, and makes the Word of God mighty in my heart and mouth. I feel called without reservation to the ministry of the Word and Sacrament, and should the Lord bless my work in furthering my knowledge, I intend to purse the ministry full-time."

Seminary Recruiter Garry Moes briefing student prospects
If you are considering a seminary education, this is an excellent opportunity to learn more about GPTS, enhance your understanding about a theological education, and guide your decision-making about a seminary. Register now to attend. Be sure to follow the special instructions in the confirmation notice for registering for the main Spring Theology Conference for free.

To download a printable brochure, go here.