The conference will be held again at Woodruff Road Presbyterian Church, 2519 Woodruff Rd, Simpsonville, S.C. Registrations are now open at GPTS web site. Watch your mailbox for registration opportunities and a brochure coming soon. Be prepared to register by Jan. 29th for Early Bird rates on conference fees (see below).
Also planned is the second annual campus preview for prospective students on March 7-8 (details below).
With marriage, family and sexuality severely under attack in America, Greenville Seminary has never offered a more timely conference. The church and the world need biblical answers to the sexual perversions rampant in our culture. More importantly, the church needs to demonstrate the powerful, biblical alternative.
Speakers and their topics are:
- God's Design for Marriage — Dr. Joseph A. Pipa, Jr., GPTS president
- Gay Marriage: Right or Wrong? — Gary Bates, Creation Ministries International
- The Maker's Instructions — Dr. Ian Hamilton, pastor Cambridge Presbyterian Church (UK), GPTS trustee and adjunct professor. (Evening worship service, free and open to the public. Live webcast on SermonAudio)
- Nurturing Sexual Intimacy in Marriage — Dr. Joel Beeke, president, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary
- Free and Last: Counseling Those Dominated by the Sin of Pornography — Dr. Kevin Backus, pastor, Bible Presbyterian Church, Grand Island, N.Y.; Fellow - National Association of Nouthetic Counselors
- Family Worship in the Reformed Tradition — Dr. Benjamin Shaw, GPTS associate professor
- God's Nursery — Dr. Pipa. (Evening worship service, free and open to the public. Live webcast on SermonAudio)
- Biblical Wisdom for Courtship and Dating — Dr. Richard Phillips, pastor, 2nd Presbyterian Church, Greenville
- Special lecture on The Life and Theology of John Owen: A 400th Anniversary Appreciation — Dr. Ryan McGraw, GPTS associate professor and Owen scholar
- Early Bird rate $85 through Jan. 29, Spouse $35, Non-GPTS Student $20, Alumni $60;
- Jan. 30-Mar. 3 - Standard rate $115, Spouse $35, Non-GPTS Student $25, Alumni $85.
- After Mar. 3, on-site registration rate of $120 applies, GPTS, Graduate $90, Student $30.
- Youth 12 and under attending with parents: Free; Over age 12: $20.
- Prospective GPTS students who attend the pre-conference open house (see below) may attend the main conference without charge.
Encounter GPTS: A Campus Preview for Prospective Students
On the eve of the 2016 Spring Conference, the seminary will again host an open house for prospective students. The Encounter will be held on March 7 and 8.
The 2016 event will again include opportunities for would-be students to tour the campus, attend classes and a special chapel service, meet faculty and students, participate in a panel discussion, and attend the main Spring Conference as guest of the seminary.
If you are considering a seminary education, this is an excellent opportunity to learn more about GPTS, enhance your understanding about a theological education, and inform your decision-making about choosing a seminary. Register now to attend.